Mrs Warren if you're nasty

I really love Elizabeth Warren. I fell in love after watching an interview with her on NOW, and my infatuation has just continued to grow. She's an interesting human being into and of herself, with a great personality(you know, as far as I can tell from her public image), and a history that I can relate to.

But it's her ideas, her passion, and her intensity that I really love. She's an advocate for consumer safety. That should, quite honestly, be really fucking boring. It's not just economics, it's economics and FRUGALITY ::hisssss::. She's an advocate for safe spending, for conservative(in the true sense of the word) financial measures, and for people taking responsibility for their own decisions. But most of all, she's an advocate of oversight. She's passionately commited to creating a committee that would overhaul the financial sector of our society. And she's fucking hated by most of that sector. Which says great things about her, in my opinion. In fact, part of my love of her probably stems from the universal hatred she engenders in people who exist in a realm I loath. I seriously can not stand the idea of parasites who create nebulous realities that allow them to live however they want at the expense of people who have to live in a much harsher, crueler reality.

I know I'm over generalizing, to say the least. But my visceral reaction to hearing that banks and financial giants are spending incredible amounts of money lobbying our government to resist the creation of a committee that would watch over them and make sure they didn't fuck our economy into the middle ages again is... well, it involves fantasies of hot poker usage, and strategic use of impoverishment and enforced moving to places like the Sudan, and Detroit.

So, this woman stands out like a shining bastion of morality and common sense, a bulwark against greed and slimy but still legal business practices, a donjon of common sense standing firm against the armies of those who benefit from chaos... ::falls into fantasies about being a pretty pretty princess in need of rescue:: :D

I'm sure part of the reason she does what she does is politically motivated. It doesn't make it any less important, or admirable. Look her up, and support what she does however you can. You'll be happy you did 30 years from now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I fall

Babel

Needs, Wants, Desires