Happy Birthday to me!

My birthday was actually last week, but I've been celebrating it since last Friday.

It's been an interesting week.

Went to a show last Saturday, and it was gorgeous. Lovely music, surreal, underground venue with crazy lights and colors, good drinks... My brother went with me, and he was apparently high on mushrooms. I didn't realize this, so his obsession with the singer looking like a snake didn't make much sense right off the bat. But it was the perfect venue for him to be in in that state :D. He thinks I got a contact high from him, because I started acting really goofy and funny. When I say funny, I mean purely hysterical. We stopped at a bar on the way home that has a firepit outside, and sat around the fire entertaining a group of complete and total strangers with banter and proposed scenarios. I was on my A game, and let me tell you, I can be really fucking funny when I get going. Which is why my brother thought I was high. I don't think I was high, I think I was HAPPY. And it makes me sad that he hasn't actually seen that side of me. He's been here for six months. That's a long time for me to go without becoming silly and hysterically funny.

Sunday we went to the wood shop he works in and he helped me make the Test Tube chandeliers I've been meaning to make for forever. SO MUCH FUN. I need a workshop at home. And it's going to include a jigsaw. Best piece of hardware EVER.
We stopped on the way home at an English Pub called the Horse Brass and got delicious food and beer. Then went to the beer store attached to them and bought a $30 bottle of mead called Viking Blod, made from a thousand year old recipe. Went home, built a bonfire, poured some mead, and I took mushrooms for the first time ever. Pretty fucking awesome experience, honestly. Sat in front of a roaring fire, took occasional sips of this silken honey substance, and watched the branches of the 400 year old beech tree in my backyard dance above my head. My brother talked me through the experience, so there was no freaking out or getting depressed. When I started to get bored, we ditched the fire and sat on my front porch, smoking a hookah and laughing hysterically at the really fucking weird shit that pops out into reality when you're high and happy.

Tuesday was my actual birthday, but I didn't do much to celebrate it on that day. Stoph was in a lot of pain from a toothache, so I picked him up and worked from home. When I got off work I smoked a cigar and drank some scotch outside, sitting on the front porch talking to Trevor and watching the kitties play. It was nice, and mellow.

Fridays celebration deserves it's own post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I fall

Babel

Needs, Wants, Desires