Weakness

Something to remember. A very important something to remember.

Any man, any person, who encourages your weakness is a weak person. If they need to be better than you, it is because you are better than them. If they see the best parts of you, and they need to bring them down to their level, it is because their level is far below yours.

It's not a matter of pride, or class, or money, or intelligence.

It's a matter of strength, whatever that means to you. If you can not be stronger than your partner sometimes, if you can not be stronger than your friends, if they can't bear to see that strength inside of you without trying to tear you down just a little bit, think about what that means.

And if you get a little thrill from my words, a little sense of righteous smugness... "I knew she couldn't be that good". Think about what that means.
My honesty isn't for you. It's for me. It's to remind me to never be that weak again. It's to acknowledge what I'm capable of, and to spur me to do my damndest to walk away from that part of me. It's to build my own strength, not make me seem weaker in your eyes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I fall

Babel

Needs, Wants, Desires