Plan

Ok, here we go. Writing out the negative is important, but doing something about it is much, much more so.

So, here's the plan.

First off, push back my travel till the first of October. I already spoke to the woman I'd be renting the house in Costa Rica from, and she's fine with me pushing my dates back. I'll give her a deposit on the house, and we're good.

Talk to Trevor about options. What I'd prefer:
We rent out the basement. Move out of it after my brother moves in with Callie, Sept 1st, and move into the bedroom upstairs. $600 a month for the space downstairs, $550 for the upstairs. He's there for 3 months while I'm traveling, then moves when I come back. Gives him 3 months of cheap rent to save.

Cats. I've already got ads up on Craigslist for 2 of them. Sitha is going back to Jake, and I'm going to ask him to take care of Lucious while I'm gone. That leaves Cloud and Rufus at the house, much more manageable. My bonus comes in Sept, and I've been assured it will be ample. That will go to fix Clouds leg.

Travel. Pay the deposit. I've ordered my birth certificate, should take a week to get here. When it gets here, get my passport. I'll have to pay extra to get it expedited, but it'll be here in 3 weeks max after that, so it's worth it. Buy the plane ticket on the 15th of August. I'll be paying $300 a month rent here, $400 a month in Costa Rica. That's $700, which actually works out to cheaper than what I'm paying here now, since I pay for utilities. Living there will be quite a bit cheaper than here, but I'll have to factor in being able to do some awesome stuff. Still, I'll be saving about $500 a month.

When I come back, rent the upstairs bedroom for a while, till I figure out where I want to live. Maybe stay in Portland, maybe go to Montana, maybe Arizona. Regardless, SAVE MONEY. Even paying the full rent for the upstairs, I still have to save my money.

That's all so doable. Christ, it's even easy. Why is that so hard to remember?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I fall

Babel

Needs, Wants, Desires