Life is weird

It changes so quickly. 2 months ago, I had two girlfriends who I considered family. One of whom was completely caught up in her own drama, involving men, and who I'd been avoiding as an energy drain. And one of whom I was seeing pretty much every day, going and getting a beer with after work too often, talking to every day, and felt as close to as a sister.
2 months ago, I was flirting outrageously with a man I'd never met, who'd I'd known for 5 some odd years online, and who I'd had a crush on for most of those 5 years. I was frustrated because we had incredibly hot conversations that made my mind melt, and which I couldn't seem to duplicate in real life amongst the many men I was dating. I was having a lot of sex, but very minimal actual interesting connections. My roommate and I both felt like monks, alone and isolated by choice. I was becoming pickier and pickier about who I took home, based on nothing more than the fact that I was getting my mental needs satisfied by this guy and everything else started to pale in comparison.

Now, 2 months later, I have no female friends. One is in Italy, and I didn't even go to her going away party. I had to work. And the other has decided to expend her considerable capacity for mindless, unreasonable rage on me for sleeping with somebody she used to sleep with.
And the guy who I've been teasing mercilessly for a very long time is now sleeping in my bed, staying in my house, and making good on the many years of promises we've been making.

Life is really fucking weird.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I fall

Babel

Needs, Wants, Desires