Orange peels and white candles

I release you. I wish for you justice, and love, and a return of all that you have wished for me.

And I let you go. I lose the hooks you had buried in my skin. I wash them away with intention, with mugwort and nutmeg and clove and rosemary. I stare into the gentle flame, and I breath in the smoke. I sluice my skin with water and soap, and I watch the strings wrapped around my heart dissolve and run down the drain, a black dirt I didn't realize fouled my soul.

I don't wish you harm. I just wish you gone. From my brain, from my actions, from my feelings. Just as I wish justice for you, I wish justice for me. I will suffer for what wrong I have done. But not for you. I suffer for myself, and for those to come who are worthy of my love. I am not sorry for your pain. You've brought it on yourself, you've actively pursued it and embraced it in your life. Just as I have. I choose to stop pursuing pain. I hope you come to the same decision. I really do.

Goodbye. I hope you haven't wished me terrible things, I hope you haven't actively pushed hate in my direction. Because the wave has reversed, and it's coming back to you. Good luck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I fall

Babel

Needs, Wants, Desires