From 22 yr old me

You can tell a lot about a place
Observing its relationships with clouds.
A village wears hers like a birthday shawl,
A city wears hers like a shroud.

The clouds above an empty plain
Always seem rather sullen,
As if there's not enough to see or do
And they'd rather be above an ocean.

Now the clouds above the ocean
Have a playful, mysterious air
Like a pregnant wife with a worried husband,
She's got a secret she's unwilling to share.



I wrapped myself in a veil of dreams
And let the sun melt them into my skin,
Leaving behind a slick layer of happy


Drowning in memories
Gasping for air
Seduced by the deep

Crawling for the surface
Reveling in the journey
Through the past.


Walking along the edge
Arms opened wide
Fingers trailing sparks
Through the midnight air

Head thrown back in joyous exaltation
Belly trembling with fear
Not knowing the destination
Breathlessly waiting for the fall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I fall

Babel

Needs, Wants, Desires