100 things you probably don't know about me (well, you might if you read my blog...)

1 - I'm afraid of the dark. Like, seriously afraid of the dark. I never sleep without a light on when I'm by myself, because I hate waking up alone and not immediately seeing everything around me.

2 - I'm a bit of a hypochondriac. If I start experiencing any weird symptoms, at all, my mind immediately goes to worst case scenario and I start preparing to die.

3 - I'm a little fixated on death. This one should be made obvious by #2. I think about death all the time.

4 - On my OKCupid profile, when it asks "What do you think about on a regular basis", my answer is "terrible things". It's the most honest thing on my profile.

5 - I really love broccoli.

6 - My favorite book growing up was "My side of the mountain".

7 - In related news, I carried fishing wire and hooks in my backpack from the age of 12 on. I still carry a ridiculous amount of survival gear with me.

8 - I love horses because I'm terrified of them. They scare the ever living shit out of me, and that fascinates me. Riding them is an exercise in self control that I find addictive.

9 - My first major crush was a red headed French Canadian boy named Shawn. I loved him, in part, because I hated everything he stood for and we argued like cats and dogs.

10 - I used to masturbate to the weirdest shit when I was growing up. Like, any sort of emotional scene in the Little House on The Prairie books. I think I was turned on by the intensity more than anything else.

11 - I crave intensity, and feel like I lack it in my life.

12 - I distrust intensity, and feel like it's a lie for the most part, just the bodys way of conditioning you to like certain things that are bad for you.

13 - One of the reasons I don't want kids is because I get incredibly impatient with helpless things relying on me. I have cats for a reason. And even they bother me when they get needy.

14 - Not being maternal makes me feel incredibly guilty, because I have big breasts and everybody expects me to feel maternal.

15 - I rather like lizards. I like their scales, and the way they move. They scare me, though.

16 - I love birds. I would totally be a nerdy fucking birdwatcher/ornithologist if I had any sort of discipline and were capable of maintaining a hobby.

17 - I have a freakishly good memory when it comes to dog and horse breeds. I can pinpoint the breed of an animal that I've never actually seen before, and have no reason to be familiar with. This in spite of the fact that I don't really have any interest in the breeds of these animals.

18 - I love it when older gentlemen wink at me. I get a little thrill out of it. Mostly because I associate the wink with characters like Cary Grant and Humphrey Bogart.

19 - I love old movies. LOVE them.

20 - Also, musicals. I can sing most of the songs in My Fair Lady, in spite of the fact that I find the message most of them impart reprehensible.

21 - I think in stories.

22 - I have a weak bladder. Please don't make me laugh too hard after a lot of water.

23 - I think I'm meant for great things. Everybody thinks they're meant for great things, and that kind of cheapens the concept of great things. But still. Great things.

24 - I am both disturbingly selfish and unbalancedly giving.

25 - My opinions are extremely fluid things. They are constantly changing, and there are very few core things that I can say I truly, absolutely believe. This may be because my opinions are composed of experiences, and I'm constantly searching for new experiences to change how I feel about something.

26 - I am, at one and the same time, an incredibly sexual person and a total prude. Not sure how the two exist together, but they do.

27 - I really, really want to own a gray parrot some day. I love them, in spite of the fact that they totally remind me of hyper intelligent dinosaurs (or maybe because of).

28 - In spite of my love of things that scare me, I'm not a thrill seeker. It's not the adrenaline I'm getting off on, it's the subjugation of fear.

29 - I don't remember how many people I've slept with. That sounds a little confessional, and I don't like that idea. But, I don't. So, it's a fact. Neutral.

30 - I was a virgin till I was 23. My first lover was also my first boyfriend, and we stayed together for 6 years.

31 - My deflowering was kind of awesome.

32 - However, my lovers ex-girlfriend called the morning after we first had sex. And he talked to her. And then we had sex after that. That always disturbed me... I think I thought I was supposed to be jealous, but I wasn't.

33 - I hate feeling needy.

34 - I am INCREDIBLY needy when I'm sick, but I hide it well. I expect to be completely pampered when I don't feel good, and if I'm not, I cry sad, slow tears that would make you feel incredibly guilty if I ever let you see them.

35 - The preponderance of sentences that start with I in this entry bothers me.

36 - Accents tend to turn me on. Doesn't matter what sort of accent, I tend to get turned on when people are talking in an accent. This makes me easily manipulated by English and Irish men, especially.

37 - My sexual desire for men starts in my brain, but for women starts in my eyes and my nose. I THINK this is because I've developed many, many more defense mechanisms for men than I have for women, so women bypass my brains automatic takeover of my libido. But it could just be because I'm a sexist pig. I don't know.

38 - I flip my hair a lot when I'm around people I want to notice me. A LOT. If I'm constantly flipping my hair around you, take note.

39 - I have done this since I was a little girl. My mother and sisters used to make fun of me for only flipping my hair around boys I liked.

40 - Poop does not bother me. In fact, I find it rather fascinating. A gateway to your health.

41 - However, when I think about being tortured (which happens disturbingly often. See #4), being forced to eat poop factors high up on things I think I'd break on.

42 - I don't handle pain very well. I used to, but as I've gotten older my tolerance has seriously decreased. I don't think I'd last very long under any sort of torture, honestly.

43 - However, if you make it a matter of pride, I would probably die before breaking. My pride is far, far greater than my capacity for pain. Mock me first, imply I'm weak, tell me I'm going to break... yeah. I'll last for a lot longer.

44 - There is now a part of me that is convinced I just jinxed my own torturing.

45 - I am ridiculously superstitious when it comes to certain things. I get a little OCD about stuff that I've convinced myself means something more than it does. Throwing salt over my shoulder was one of those things, though not anymore.

46 - Boogers are also fascinating to me. Along with pimples. Ok, pretty much anything the body excretes is fascinating to me.

47 - Including cum.

48 - I'm impatient.

49 - I'm kind. I don't know if it's because I've been taught I'm supposed to be kind, or because I'm genuinely kind.

50 - I can't easily kill insects. I think about what it would be like to be them, going about my business, all innocent like, and suddenly getting stomped on by a giant boot, or swamped by a wall of water, and I just can't do it. Unless they're on me. Then, no holds barred, no pity.

Ye gods, I can't fucking believe I came up with that many in one sitting. This will have to be to continued...

Comments

  1. This is cracking me up. #51 should be "I have a hard time finishing anything I start".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I fall

Babel

Needs, Wants, Desires