Goats

There are 3 baby goats in my bedroom right now.

In the list of things I never thought I'd say, that's pretty high up there. Other things I never thought I'd say:

Stop eating my work computer!

STOP SUCKING MY TOES!

Oh, thank god, this poop is sticky but not runny.

I am hand raising 3 baby goats. Bottle feedings every 6 hours, training, protecting, keeping away from electric wire... They are awfully cute. They follow me around everywhere they can, bleating, hopping, and peeing indiscriminately. They are louder at night. They are currently, at this very moment, trying to eat my sheets. Thank god they can't hop on the bed yet.

They'll be going to their permanent home in the barn soon, but for now they only spend half the day there. Between a pit bull who'd like to eat them and a Bull bull who is way too interested in them for my comfort, they stay near me and behind closed doors unless we are in the pasture together.

I am... more than a little in shock, that I spontaneously bought 3 baby bottle fed goats. It's a little extreme. I found out about a friend who needed to find homes for them, and within 3 days they were in my car for a 3 hour ride home.
But it fits. It fits perfectly.

The littlest one, who is littlest by far, is also the loudest. Her name is Edward, and she is currently leading a chorus of increasingly desperate screams from my bathroom. I don't know why they all seem to think they are stuck, since the door is wide open and I am less than 3 feet away from it. But they are standing just out of sight and screaming at the absolute top of their lungs. I am shooshing them with increasing vigor, to very little avail. Time for bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I fall

Babel

Needs, Wants, Desires