I am sitting in the atrium, with a fire sparkling merrily in front of me, listening to the rain patter heavily on the plastic roof. The fire is a gas fireplace, something I've always judged as lacking compared to a good wood fire. But this little fire is adorable. And powerful, it its own way. One of the things I love about watching a wood fire burn is the destruction, tangible and compelling. A gas fire lacks the tangible aspect of destruction, but appeals to my mind with its greedy gobbling of invisible particles. Plus, it's warm. And I am naked, covered only in a towel. I ran from the hottub to the atrium through pouring rain. I stopped to revel in it for a moment, overheated skin evaporating freezing little droplets on contact. But that got old quickly, and I ran to start the fire.

Today is a luscious day. Physical exertion, sensual imaginings, extremes of sensation. I've been painting my bedroom, peacock blue and unabashed gold. I have missed color that I choose, instead of just appreciate. When I get bored of painting, I go outside and play with my bullwhip. It's becoming an extension of my arms, my hips, my shoulders. I'm starting to feel it as it cracks and hisses through the air. This is my favorite part of learning any physical skill, the moment when you realize that you're internalizing knowledge. Muscle memory is built, and now you have the luxury of building upon it as you will, as you have patience and time for. It's a wonderful feeling, KNOWING how to do something.

I have the house to myself today, and I am taking full advantage of that fact. I haven't spent so much time naked in far too long.

I had a moment with myself this morning, again in front of the fire. I pulled out my cauldron and my candles, and I burnt the little eucalyptus seed I've been saving for this time. For when I am rooted again, strong again. I called myself back into being, reminding my cells of who I really am. I felt my own power again, coursing under my skin, tingling at my extremities.
And then the Girlscouts knocked on the front door, setting the dogs off into a frenzy, and I flew inside thinking the apocalypse had come or the cats were dying. Fortunately the father saw me first, through the giant glass doors, and hustled his daughters away from the front door of the naked woman wearing a towel barely draped across her front before they could either be traumatized or amused.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I fall

Babel

Needs, Wants, Desires